Kids Room... Almost Done.

Yet again I procrastinated on any type of pics of the kids room because I was waiting for it to be "done". We're not so good at "done" in our house. It's clearly evident that we are creative, ambitious and NOT perfectionists. Once a room is fairly completed we're easily side tracked by the next big project. So, when taking pics of the Wall Cling I snapped a few of the rest of the room and figured I may as well post them!

First up are the cubby bunk beds. I was "pinspired" of course and the tall one and I were able to construct the beds in a day. It was actually pretty easy peasy once we got our heads around what we wanted to do.

The boy one's favourite colour is yellow. (Funny side note - the other day he commented that even though blue is his favourite light saber colour, yellow is still his favourite. "It's just in my heart," he said.)
His love of yellow was the reason it was a main component of the colour scheme and I grabbed this lovely yellow chevron duvet cover from Urban Outfitters.


Hanny sleeps on the bottom bunk and I used Heather Bailey Picnic Bouquet from the Nicey Jane line. I LOVE it!

I love it so much I couldn't help but use another Picnic Bouquet but in teal for the curtains. That may be a design "no no", I'm not sure, but I don't have much use for rules. I just know the fabric makes me happy :)

I made these custom kid's pillows of each of the kid's faces. They work perfectly on the window seat.
The window seat also doubles as storage and is filled to the brim with dolls and stuffies :)


Opposite of the bunk beds we built custom cabinets with the window seat in the middle. Our house is 100 years old this year and closets apparently weren't popular back then. The amount I can store in these bad boys makes me giddy.


On top of the cabinet we rotate out cute "art". On the left is the doctor's kit I made the kids from a vintage metal lunch box and on the right is our fave new piece - an LP cover for Cinderella. Cinderella is Hanny's absolute favourite princess (and the only princess movie that she's allowed to watch) so it was quite a score to find!


The photo wall cling :)


The stairs up to the top bunk. They're really the only thing not done in the room. They're waiting for kick plates.



 And here we have the most perfect wallpaper ever. I'm in love it. It's by Orla Keily "Flower Blossom Teal".



 View from the top bunk.



So I guess other than the kick plates all I really want to add to the room are a few more custom throw pillows for their beds and I'd like to create a weathered wood headboard in each of their bunks to cozy it up in there. But we'll see when that gets done as my kitchen is currently half panelled with wainscotting waiting for the rest of the walls and another picture window... and repainted cabinets. Oi.

Comments

  1. Do you have any plans or instructions in your bunk beds that you would be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts