Come DIY With Me!

It's time for me to get another "teaching fix" and the Estevan Arts Council is graciously affording me that opportunity. I've taught for them several times in the past... what did I teach? "Cough... ahem... hip hop dance classes... cough cough". What the what?! I know!

Apparently having an Education degree makes you think you can teach anything. This time however I'm slightly more qualified to teach the classes.

I'll be teaching two separate DIY (Do It Yourself) classes and I'm really excited about them! If anything, I'm just super pumped to have a room full of people to craft with!

The first class is "Girl It Up". We'll be making cool stuff for the girls in your life. (And yes Dani, we can make adult sizes.) Actually we can make pretty much any size you want to so don't be put off by all the baby sizes in the pics - it's just cause my girl is a baby :)

Aren't they so cute? The class will run 2 Thursdays (May 5 & 9) from 7-9 pm. Registration is $50 and the deadline is April 27. All the materials are supplied except for a meter of your own fabric! Sweet deal :)

The second class is "For the Home" and we'll make really unique stuff for your house. This class will run for 3 Thursdsys (May 26, June 2 & 9) from 7-9 pm. Registration is $60 and the deadline is also April 27. Again most of the materials are included. You just need your own fabric and an old novel.
(The Embroidery Hoop art is an example pic from Under the Sycamore.)

These classes will be great for seasoned crafters as well as beginners. Age 12 and up is welcome. If you're a seasoned vet come out and enjoy some crafting time with a cool group and if you're a beginner come out and learn a few things!

You can register by calling the Estevan Arts Council at 634-3942 or emailing at estevanartscouncil@sasktel.net. You can also download the class descriptions and a registration form here.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts